How to make a Kombucha tea?
Nutritional value in Kombucha tea : Vitamin B complex (Thiamin and Niacin), Caffeine, Carbs, Fat, Calories and organic acids (1).
- In the market, we can find active Kombucha SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast).
- Tea leaves or Tea bags.
- 3-cups of water.
- 2-cups organic cane sugar/jaggery.
- 1/2-cup of white vinegar.
- Take a glass jar.
- Include hot water and cane sugar/jaggery in a jar.
- Stir until the jaggery/ cane sugar dissolves.
- Keep the tea bags or loose tea leaves in the jaggery/ cane sugar to steep.
- Let it cool and removes tea bag or loose tea (strain).
- Add ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Include an active Kombucha SCOBY.
- Cover the jar tightly.
- Store it at the dark place for 10-12 days.
- After 10 or 12 days check for taste, ideally it should be sweet and sour. If not keep for some more days and periodically check it. Once the taste is obtained, its ready for use.
- Take the jar and pour Kombucha for consuming as per desired quantity.
- You can mix juices of fruits.
- Retain the SCOBY and liquid at the bottom of the jar for the next use.
- Enjoy the Kombucha Tea.
How to make Kombucha tea - 2
- Use method 1 fully.
- 60 ml of Vodka
- 1-2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 ice cubes
- 200 ml glass of orange juice
- Take a vessel.
- Add the method 1 Kombucha tea.
- Add orange juice
- Then re-fridge it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours and 2 ice cubes and 60 ml of Vodka.
- Stir it well. Your tea is ready.
- Drink it sip by sip.
- Enjoy the tea.
Benefits of Kombucha tea.
- It may assists in controlling glucose (sugar) levels.
- This tea may decreases the danger of coronary (heart) illness.
- It may reduces belly fat (2).
- This tea may improves cholesterol levels.
- It may reduces the risk of cancer.
- This tea suppresses the growth of bacteria and yeast.
- It may be helpful in type 2 diabetes.
- This tea may protects from cancer (1).