Nutritional value in Kombucha tea :
Vitamin B complex (Thiamin and Niacin), Caffeine, Carbs, Fat, Calories and organic acids (1).
How to make a Kombucha tea?
- In the market, we can find active Kombucha SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast).
- Tea leaves or Tea bags.
- 3-cups of water.
- 2-cups organic cane sugar/jaggery.
- 1/2-cup of white vinegar.
- Take a glass jar.
- Include hot water and cane sugar/jaggery in a jar.
- Stir until the jaggery/ cane sugar dissolves.
- Keep the tea bags or loose tea leaves in the jaggery/ cane sugar to steep.
- Let it cool and removes tea bag or loose tea (strain).
- Add ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Include an active Kombucha SCOBY.
- Cover the jar tightly.
- Store it at the dark place for 10-12 days.
- After 10 or 12 days check for taste, ideally it should be sweet and sour. If not keep for some more days and periodically check it. Once the taste is obtained, its ready for use.
- Take the jar and pour Kombucha for consuming as per desired quantity.
- You can mix juices of
- Retain the SCOBY and liquid at the bottom of the jar for the next use.
- Enjoy the Kombucha Tea.
Benefits of Kombucha tea.
- Kombucha tea may assists in controlling glucose (sugar) levels.
- Kombucha tea may decreases the danger of coronary (heart) illness.
- Kombucha tea may reduces belly fat (2).
- Kombucha tea may improves cholesterol levels.
- Kombucha tea may reduces the risk of cancer.
- Kombucha tea suppresses the growth of bacteria and yeast.
- Kombucha tea may be helpful in type 2 diabetes.
- Kombucha tea may protects from cancer (1).