Senna tea is a useful herbal decoction prepared from the leaves and pods of the Senna plant commonly found in the tropical and temperate regions. Mainly used as a laxative, this caffeine-free drink also has other health-supporting benefits.
Arabian physicians first used the herb in the 9th century AD. In traditional European and Arabic medicine, herbal tea was popular for its potential laxative effects. In Egypt, health practitioners used it to treat patients suffering from constipation.
How to make Senna Tea?
- Dried Senna tea leaves powder 1 tbsp.
- 1-cup of water.
- 1-tbsp honey or sugar.
- Take a stainless steel pot.
- Keep it on the flame.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp Senna tea leaves powder.
- Cover the pot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover.
- Strain the tea into a cup.
- Add 1 tbsp honey into it.
Senna tea Health benefits.
- Senna tea helps to improve scalp, also prevents dandruff.
- Senna tea helps to prevent constipation.
- Senna tea helps in digestion.
- Senna tea helps to flush out intestinal worms.
Senna tea Side effects
- Excessive consumption of Senna leaf tea might cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and discolored urine.
- Long-term use of this herbal decoction can lead to liver damage.
- This tea is not recommended for pregnant women and breastfeeding women.