Best tea for colds
Before we know about the best tea for colds, let’s know about why we catch a cold. The primary reason why we catch cold is when the cold virus enters our body through the nose, mouth, or eyes. This happens when we shake hands or touch contaminated things which some sick person has used or touched. It can also happen if we pass by sick people who might sneeze, cough or talks.
Cold came from a cold virus which initially mankind did not have. It originated from birds (1) about 200 years back. The bad thing about cold is when you are infected then you start by coughing, running nose, or sore throat. These signs leave you feeble which makes you believe you don’t have energy. Drinking lots of fluids and taking a good sleep is the very best method to get rid of a cold.
Generally, the usual tea is made from Camellia Sinensis (2) plant. The other tea is herbal infusions or mostly called as Tisanes. Herbal infusion means any herb such as hibiscus or chamomile etc is used as ingredients in the making of the tea.
First let me tell you about the most 10 common tea :-
Then comes the not so common tea
- Chamomile tea ( click here ),
- Echinacea tea ( click here ),
- Ginger Tea ( we have 10+ types of ginger tea ),
- Hibiscus Tea ( click here ),
- Lemon Tea ( click here ),
- Peppermint Tea ( click here ),
- Turmeric Tea ( click here )
So now we are back to the best tea for colds : –
Best Tea for Colds Recipe
Fight Cold Tea (FCT) :
- Black pepper (4 grains), (see benefits )
- Cinnamon (half a stick), (see benefits )
- Cardamom (4 grains), (see benefits )
- Ginger paste (half a teaspoon), (see benefits )
- Lemon juice (half a teaspoon),
- Turmeric powder (half a teaspoon), (see benefits )
- Tinospora Cordifolia ( Giloy ) juice (one teaspoon),
- Green Teabags or leaves (half a teaspoon) and 1 liter of water
- Powder Black pepper, Cinnamon, Cardamom, in mortar and pestle or a grinder.
- Take 1 liter of water pour the above powder along with ginger and green tea leaves in a vessel and heat it, till it boils.
- Strain the above herbal tonic into a vessel that can resist heat.
- Pour lemon juice and Tinospora Cordifolia ( Giloy ) juice into the vessel and mix it.
- Voila the best tea for colds is ready, drink it sip by sip, while it’s hot.
Tea for Colds is a tea which will drive the cold away for sure. If your cold is severe then it’s recommended to drink FCT thrice a day and even more depending on severity.